|PREP TIME||COOKING TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|15 minutes||0 minutes||15 minutes|
- ½ small onion - finely chopped
- ½ cup packed fresh cilantro - finely chopped
- 1 hot chili pepper - finely chopped (I use seeds for more heat)
- 2-3 avocados - seeded and diced
- 1 tomato - seeded and finely diced
- ½ tsp salt
- Place half of the chopped onions, cilantro, and hot pepper into a mortar (made out of Mexican volcanic stone—molcajete) and the other half into a separate bowl.
- Crush the onions, chili and cilantro using a mortar stone and pestle until it is paste-like and add it into the separate bowl.
- Dice the avocado, seed, and finely dice the tomato and put into the bowl and at the end add a teaspoon of good salt into the mix.
- Stir it all together, put back into the mortar and serve with warm tortilla chips.