Potato salad is a must with all the summertime grilling that is going on. You need something creamy and delicious to complement all the meat. Try this simple but amazing Nordic potato salad recipe. If you like fresh dill, you are going to love this recipe.
YIELD: 4 servings
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 4 cups cold water
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cups mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onions
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
How to Make It
- Peel the potatoes, cut into cubes and place in a bowl filled with water and set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan, add the potatoes and 4 cups of water, bring to a boil and cook for 18-20 minutes. Test the potatoes by piercing them with a toothpick. The cooking time will depend on how big the potato cubes are. Make sure not to overcook the potatoes – you don’t want them to be mushy.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, add the sour cream, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper, red onions and mix well.
- Add the potatoes, gently mix, cover with plastic wrap and cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.
- Mix in or top with fresh dill, serve cold.