This salad is my daughter’s favorite. It is a mixture of vegetables and superfood quinoa. For vegetarians and vegans, quinoa is an excellent source of protein, and this dish can easily be made vegan by eliminating the feta cheese. I recommend using a good olive oil and dry herbs for great flavor and texture.
YIELD: 6-8 Servings
- 5oz (150g) uncooked Quinoa
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 block of feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- 7oz (50gr) fresh cilantro leaves and stems, finely chopped
- 1 can yellow corn, drained
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp dry herbs (thyme, sage, oregano, whatever you have in your pantry)
How to Make It
- Wash the quinoa well in a sift and put it in a small pot with enough water to slightly cover the quinoa.
- Heat up to a boil and let is simmer with the lid on, on very low until all the water has absorbed.
- Turn the heat off and let the quinoa stand in the pot with the lid on for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well. (Let the hot quinoa cool down a bit before adding the feta)
- If you want this to be a vegan dish, simply don’t use the feta cheese.