|PREP TIME||COOKING TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|15 minutes||25 minutes||50 minutes|
- 1 cup Icelandic style skyr (plain, vanilla or coconut)
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups peeled and shredded carrots (about 6 medium)
- Walnuts (optional)
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- Take half the onions, hot chili and cilantro and place into your mortle (made out of Mexican volcanic stone—molcajete) or a bowl.
- Crush the onions, chili and cilantro with a pestle (a masher or fork will also do) until creamy and then add it into the separate bowl.
- Add the other half of the onions, hot chili and cilantro into the separate bowl with the creamy mixture.
- Add diced the diced avocados, tomato and 1 teaspon of sea salt into the bowl.
- Stir it all together, put back into the mortle and serve with warm tortilla chips