If you didn’t know this before about me, I am saying it loud and proud— I am a bananaholic. I like them in my smoothies, in my desserts, or just eating one when I’m on the go. Bananas are full of antioxidants and rich in nutrients. I love them in this recipe and by adding my collagen I have made these muffins a protein bomb!
YIELD: About 20 muffins, 1 muffin per serving
- ½ cup Skyr (Icelandic style yogurt, vanilla or plain)
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2-3 medium size)
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 scoops (4 servings) just björn marine collagen
How to Make it
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, collagen, and salt - mix well together.
- In another large bowl whisk together the egg, oil, skyr, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and stir carefully until well mixed together.
- Fold in the Bananas and chocolate chips.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two thirds full.
- Bake at 350°F for 22 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from muffin pan to cooling/wire rack.