|PREP TIME||COOKING TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|10 minutes||50 minutes||60 minutes|
- 1 bag salad spring mix (5oz, 140gr)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, roasted
- ½ cup caramelized onions
- ½ cup pine nuts, pan toasted
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- ¼ cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a small saucepan, combine the canola oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar and soy sauce and heat up to a boil, stirring constantly. Turn off the heat and stir constantly for a few minutes to keep the dressing from separating. If it separates, keep on stirring. Let it cool down.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F
- Put the chicken in a roasting pan, season with salt and pepper, and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and let is rest for 5-10 minutes
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Heat a large pan to medium high, add the chicken and the sweet chili sauce.
- Cook the chicken on medium high - high for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Assemble the salad with the spring mix first, then tomatoes and cucumber, the chicken, pine nuts, caramelized onions, and top with the dressing.